How to Start Wedding Planning
How to plan your wedding day. We truly empathize the upcoming organization needed on wedding planning that inevitably comes after you announce your new engagement. That’s why we came up with a few must-know tips when you start planning your wedding.
1. Choose a wedding date that works for you and everyone. If you have family traveling from afar, choose a date that will be comfortable for travel without delays, cold weather, etc. May and October are the busiest months for weddings because the weather is typically nicer and usually vendors and most importantly venues and photographers are booked more than a year or two in advance for those months.
2. Set and Commit to Your Budget: This helps determine many factors and will allow you to spend wisely when you plan your wedding. The details all add up, and of course, you may go over. But, if you stay committed to the budget, you’ll be surprised at how much smoother the wedding process will be.
3. Trust Your Wedding Photographer: Aside from receiving your dream wedding photos, your experienced wedding photographer can recommend many vendor friends that can help alleviate the planning design process.
4. Find your wedding dress + snazzy suit tuxedo and say yes! Also important to find your tribe (wedding party): Who will you choose to be your MOH, Bridesmaids, Best Man, Groomsmen, Flower Girl, Ring Bearer, I’ve even photographed even Bestlady and MaidMen before which is fun and unique way of having a wedding party group!
5. Prioritize Your Guest List: Inviting everyone you know is one of the quickest ways to go over your budget and getting a migraine. Before you get into the decor elements of the wedding planning process, whittling down your guest list is imperative.
6. Book a Trial Consultation for Your Hair and Makeup: Trying a new hair and makeup look on your big day is an absolute no. Sure, you want to wow your future husband or wife, but you don’t want to shock them with a new look that they’ve never seen you rock. Your wedding day is the day where you want to look and feel the most confident. Before you book your makeup artist or hair stylist, do your research and see if their aesthetic aligns with your personal style. Even when you plan your wedding, think about your trial as a way to coordinate to get your engagement photos taken on the same day! We recommend Beautini by B.lo since the gals there have so much experience in this field, and in office for you to see what you desire for your look!
7. Get Clear with Your Wedding Venue: When you book the date at your dream venue, make sure that they’re flexible with the day-of preparations and that they allow your design team to decorate beforehand. Also, make sure that they don’t have any hidden fees that usually put the breaks on your wedding planning process.
8. Don’t Forget What It’s Really About: Your wedding day is about celebrating your love with your other loved ones. Don’t lose sight of what’s really important and always make sure that you’re present and in the moment. The day will fly by and if you focus on the minutia of the wedding day, you won’t even get to have a moment to enjoy all the hard work you put into it.